Recipes for water chestnuts
250g water chestnut flour (馬碲粉)
1 5oz (141g) canned of diced water chestnuts
350g Gula Melaka
1. Open the canned of diced water chestnuts, drain, lightly rinse and chop into desired pieces.
2. Mix water chestnut flour with 500ml water and whisk to mix well. Set aside.
3. Boil Gula Melaka with 750ml water until sugar dissolve. Add in the chopped chestnut pieces.
4. Pour water chestnut mixture into Gula Melaka solution and keep stirring until it turns transparent and thick.
5. Pour the thicken chestnut mixture into a well greased 8 inch pan.
6. Steam on high heat for 30-45 minutes.
7. Let it cool at room temperature and then cover with a plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Preferably overnight.
8. Slice and serve it cold.
Add: No. 151, Longjin West Road, Guangzhou
Bus: Take No.66, No.74, No.25, No.8 or No.2 and get off at Pantang station