A rice noodle roll (also translated as steamed rice roll/Steamed vermicelli roll) is a Cantonese dish from southern China and Hong Kong, commonly served as a variety of dim sum. It is a thin roll made from a wide strip of Shahe fen (rice noodles), filled with shrimp, pork, beef, vegetables, or other ingredients. Sweet soy sauce is poured over the dish upon serving. The rice noodle is also known as chee cheong fun where chee cheong means pig intestine, and fun means noodle; this is because the noodle resembles the small intestine of a pig. A very similar dish to this is the Vietnamese rolled cake which is based on the original Chinese dish.
The most common types traditionally offered as part of dim sum cuisine are:
• Rice noodle roll with lightly marinated shrimp (蝦腸)
• Rice noodle roll with beef -usually ground beef with heavy addition of corn starch as filler and promote tenderness(牛肉腸)
• Rice noodle roll with dried shrimp (蝦米腸)
• Rice noodle roll with char siu (叉燒腸)
Yin Ji Restaurant
Founded in 1950s, Yin Ji Restaurant is chain enterprise serving for rice flour rolls and congee. There are already over 10 branches in Guangzhou and Steamed rice flour rolls in this restaurant are snow, thin, aromatic, smooth and tasty.
1. Add: No 519, Huifu Dong road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou
2. Add: No 79, Shangjiu Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou
3. Add: No. 236, Guangfu Zhong Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou
4. Add: No. 86, Bailing Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou
5. Add: No. 345, Wenchang Bei Road, Liwan District, Guangzhou
6. Add: No. 199, Wenming Road, Yuexiu District, Guangzhou
7. Add: No. 19, Jiangnan Xi Road, Haizhu District, Guangzhou