Guangdong Museum of Art is a museum of plastic arts planned and constructed with the standard of modern multi-functional museum. As a permanent State culture institutional organization, it is n0n-profit-making, aims to serve the society and its development and opens to the public.
With a area of 20,000 square meters, the Guangdong Museum of Art consists of twelve indoor exhibition halls as well as an outdoor Sculpture Garden and can host simultaneously or respectively large-scale exhibitions and different topic exhibitions. The main contents of regular displays are modern and contemporary art works of coastal areas and contemporary art works of Guangdong preserved in the museum.
The museum aims to collect the art works of contemporary China and the art works of oversea Chinese, the focus of the collection is modern and contemporary art works of coastal areas and those of Guangdong, the main collections are paintings, sculptures and porcelains, and not without the all art items and relevant art books and documents meaningful to art history.
The main part and the core of the comprehensive function of the museum is research work which is the premise of collection, exhibition and education popularization. The academic research, sponsored by the museum collection of modern art works, will carry out theoretical studies focusing on modern and contemporary Chinese art history and academic study relating to the functions and activities of museum of art to boost the development of modern art.
1. The Museum is closed on Monday.
2. Tourists should keep to the following public rules:
1) No smoking in the exhibition area, no playing or running in galleries, playing, food and drink only in designated areas, no flash cameras, no playing or running in galleries, playing, no touching exhibits.
2) Please take good care of your children and pay attention to your safety. Please keep voices low and keep the order in the hall.
3) Please take care of the public property, flowers, plants, and trees. Walking on the lawn and climbing on the works of art are forbidden.
3 Services provided to the tourists by the museum:
1) Guided-tours: Guided tours should be reserved in advance by the group visiting if needed.
2) Free left-luggage service: Please keep your valuables.
3) All information is for reference only.
Address: No.38, Yanyu Road, Ersha Island, Guangzhou, Guangdong., Guangzhou, Guangdong
Price Range:Free (Up to 3000 visitors will be granted access each day, but security checks are required before entering.)
Hours: 9:00-17：00 (closed on Monday)