When you are planning for an independent travel, you might need to work out a budget. The ideal vacation will give the most fun for the least spending. The following tips might help you save money in travels:
1. In general, the expenses on transportation command a big part of the budget. Travel by train if you have enough time. You can save a lot in this way. An example is, from Chongqing Municipality to Beijing, a round-trip flight costs about 2,800 yuan (US$337), while a round-trip train ticket costs only 800 yuan. The difference reaches 2,000 yuan.
2. It is also important to select the most economic vehicles after you have arrived at the travel site. Choose from city buses, taxis or shuttle buses for special routes to scenic spots. A good suggestion is to buy a map and design the most suitable transport route in advance. Maps will also come in handy to look for alternate routs if there is a traffic jam or an unexpected road closure.
3. Hotel expenses can also cost a lot if you do not have good choices. It is important to bargain for the rate at each hotel. A good way is to book your room through a travel agent or an Internet travel service provider before you start traveling.
4. Book tour packages directly from China’s LOCAL hotel network(like the former one). the prices are cheaper and the designs of those trips are more to your specific taste. like, you know most people who come to china and go visit the great wall have been travelled along the same path ,which can be quite boring sometimes…somehow the local network provide you with some amazing choices for a hike in china that you have never had.
5. Stop at Visitor’s Centers—-Many of the towns that thrive on tourism will have a visitor’s center that will offer discounts and coupons to different attractions and restaurants in their area. Look for them ahead of time by doing an internet search or look for road signs about them upon arrival.
Look for excellent deals on holiday travel as well. It will be wonderful if you find a cheap flight or a discount of the train or bus. This means you will have less money to save up for your holiday travel. It may take some effort and some sacrifices but it will be well worth it when the holiday of your choice rolls around and you are able to go where you want to go.