Guangzhou Baiyun international airport is Located in the north of Guangzhou, neighboring Huadu District and Renhe Town, the airport is 28 kilometers distant from Haizhu Square, the geographic center of Guangzhou. It one of the three major civilian airports in China.
Guangzhou Baiyun international airport is hosts over 30 airlines worldwide, operating a total of more than 110 flights to over 100 cities at home and abroad. There are weekly or bi- weekly flights to Singapore, Malaysia, Osaka and Sydney from Guangzhou. The International Tax for flights is RMB90 and for domestic flights it is RMB15.
Since March 22nd, 2007, passengers who pass directly through the territory of China on an international service or stay in Guangzhou less than 24 hours do not need a visa. They must however have a connecting flight and a booked seat.
Convenient to get to the Airport
There are six express bus lines (Line1, Line2A, Line2B, Line3, Line4 and Line11) and nine shuttle bus lines (Line5, Line6A, Line6B, Line7A, Line7B, Line8A, Line8B, Line9 and Line10)
Supplying convenient transportation for passengers to and from Guangzhou Baiyun Airport.
Taking taxi is the most common and convenient way for transportation inside the city.
There are almost 17,000 taxies served in Guangzhou now. The taxi charges CNY7.00 for the first 2.3 kilometers (1.4 miles), and CNY2.60 for succeeding kilometers. Since Nov. 2005, all taxi passengers have been required to pay a fuel surcharge of CNY1.00 Yuan per ride. For example, it costs you about CNY100 from the airport to Guangzhou Railway Station.
The intercity bus is between Guangzhou and Zhuhai, Dongguan, Foshan, Shunde, Shenzhen, Zhongshan, Jiangmen, Zhaoqing, Qingyuan, or Huizhou .
It usually takes about twenty minutes to drive to the airport from downtown along the 24-kilometer expressway. The expressway toll fee is RMB15 per way. Cars can be parked at the airport’s parking lots for the night.
Useful Numbers in Guangzhou Airport
Here are the useful telephone numbers related to flights, reservations and flight information
• Ticket Booking: 86130099 (for international flights) 86130088 (for domestic flights). Tickets can be booked via telephone and free delivery of tickets is available within the GZ urban area.
• Flight consultation: 36066999 (Mandarin, Cantonese and English languages are available).
• General Information: 86137273
• Complaint Line: 36066315
• International Departure Enquires 36066564
• Visa Services: 36066622
• Express Enquiries: 86122102
• VIP Service Enquires: 86132888
• Luggage Enquires: 36066763 (Domestic), 36066790 (International)
• Customs: 81101991
• Terminal Police Post: 36062236 (24 hours)
• Luggage Storage 36066854
• Security Check Post 36066581
• Lost & Found 36066946
(1) Departing passengers are not allowed to check in as late as 45 minutes before the plane takes off, and please get to the airport well ahead of time.
(3) There are direct buses heading for Zhuhai at CNY 80 per person, running approximately every two and a half hours. The last bus leaves at about 20:30.
(4) Free Charge for Luggage. The free-charged weight of each passenger’s luggage(including consigned and self-care) is as follows:
40kg for an adult or a child in the first-class cabin
30kg for passengers in business cabin
20kg for tourist-class cabin
No free charge for infant-ticket owner
Do You Know?
(1) How much the construction fee is?
In Guangzhou Baiyun International Airport, the passenger service charge for each boarded person is as follows
International Flight: RMB90
Civil Flight: RMB50
Civil Branch Flight: RMB10
(2) Excess Luggage
If passenger’s luggage excesses the weight for free charge, within the loading capability of the plane, it should be carried in the same plane. Passenger should pay charge for overweight fee at the rate of 1.5% of the price of the tourist class for per kg, accounted by RMB.
(3) How to get to the airport from the CECF?
It is not a long way but sometimes you will meet traffic jams so it takes you about 10 minutes to get to the airport from the CECF. It will take you about RMB20 by a taxi.
Airlines at Guangzhou Airport
China Eastern Airlines
Japan Air System
China Southern Airlines
South West Airlines
Cathay Pacific Airlines
Trans World Airlines