The Chinese rail industry has its own characters and railway rules and regulations are different with any other country in the world. Getting familiar with these rules will make your rail travel in China more successful and happy!
- Inflammable and explosive dangerous goods, animal and pet are not allowed to take on the train
- Luggage weight requirment:luggage weight should be under 10kg for of child passenger, luggage weight should be under 30kg for diplomatic personnel and luggage weight should be under 20kg for other adult passenger.
- Luggage size requirment: Total length of the luggage ( length+width+height) should be under 200cm.
Requirements for Child Tickets
Instead of age, China railway has special requirments on height to buy child ticket. Requirments on child ticket can be summarized as the follows:
- Children with the height under 110cm can enjoy free rail travel and don’t need to pay.
- Children with the height between 110cm – 150cm have privileges to buy half-price train tickets.
- Child with the height above 150cm should buy full-price train tickets.